Monday, December 24, 2007

Clubby Reviews Otter Creek Copper Ale

While Greg reviews beers with fancy pictures taken with high-tech digital photography machines, I review with my soul, poor grammar and lateness. Sorry for the wait guys, I know you lost sleep over the fact I should have done this almost a week ago.
Well, first off, this ale pours a clear copper color with a decent, almost 2 finger head (just like my girlfriend, she does the head thing with 2 fingers too!). The retention leaves a nice lacing around the sides of my glass(also like my girlfriend, she needs a good lacing). The smell to me is straight up sweet caramel malt. I thought there may have been some slight pine initially but after further inspection, that turned out to be mostly my christmas tree. I swashed the brew around my mouth and swallowed. The caramel was outstanding while the hops provided a nice slightly bitter finish, well balanced. I felt it was nicely carbonated, not overwhelming at all but the body was a little light for the color it had. Overall, this is a brew I would drink again. Just a few tweaks here and there and I think we have one of Clubby's hundred favorite drinks! But, only after a few tweaks. Let's get on that Otter Creek!

No comments: