Thursday, December 20, 2007

Greg Reviews In-Heat Wheat


Flying Dog Brewery In-Heat Wheat Hefeweizen

Let me start by saying something about the picture. Clubby and I both poured our glasses at the same time (his is on the left, mine the right). I got slightly more head then him, and within a minute of pouring, the head was gone, as evidenced by the picture. His was about a 1 finger head, mine, maybe 2 fingers, if you have really tiny girl fingers. Anyways, onto my review:

The beer poured a cloudy orange, golden color. Head was almost 2 fingers, which disappeared rather fast. Aroma had a clovey, fruity nose to it, with maybe some very mild wheat smells. The beer had a fairly strong wheat flavor, spiciness from the hops, and very mild hop bitterness. There were some citrusy undertones as well. It was fairly light bodied with medium carbonation.

Overall, it's a decent beer. Although it says it's a Hefeweizen, it's an American version. It's a good beer for hot summer days, not so much in December. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, but if it was handed to me I wouldn't necessarily turn it down. And by the way, Clubby and I apologize for not posting the reviews last night. We have disappointed the 3 people who look at this site. We were busy producing our next batch of beer, based on a Munich Dunkel, so watch out for the write up of that lil adventure.

No comments: